The Pre-Application process
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules require us to provide you with an Initial Disclosure Document (IDD). This document outlines the services provided and what service you will be provided with. The IDD will explain whether you will be paying a fee for the service, who regulates us as a lender and where to go should you have a complaint.
- Please contact an Underwriter on 0161 923 8040 to discuss your requirements. During the call, we will ask you a series of specific questions which will allow us to gather the information we need to be able to provide you with the necessary documentation to make an informed decision. Our lines are open 8.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively you can email us with your enquiry to email@example.com stating the most convenient time/method for us to contact you.
- We will send you a Key Facts Illustrations (KFI) detailing the specifics of the mortgage you are interested in, which you can discuss with our representatives.
- Once you have decided on the mortgage you require, you should complete and return the application form to our Head Office together with the following documents (we will inform you should any additional information be required with your application):-
- Proof of Identity - *Certified or original copies of your passport or drivers licence (including paper counterpart).
- Proof of address – An original recent utility bill or similar.
- Proof of income –Please refer to the individual product descriptions for specific scheme details. Certified or original copies are required.
- Bank Statements – Please refer to the individual product descriptions for specific scheme details. Certified or original copies are required.
Please send this information to our Head Office Address Manchester Building Society, Lending, PO Box 4256, Manchester, M60 3AX
*Where certified copies are provided these must be clear photocopies and must be certified by an independent professional person. The person signing the document must state on the copy that they have seen the original and (if the document bears a photograph) that the photograph is a true likeness of the individual. They must provide their full name and signature, occupation or status, address and telephone number”.
For the purposes of certifying copy documents, we consider that a professional person includes the following: Accountant, Bank or Building Society official, Barrister, Chemist, Civil Servant, Company Chairman / Director, Councillor, Dentist, Doctor, Fire Service official, Justice of Peace, Member of Parliament, Officer of the armed services, Optician, Person with honours (OBE, MBE, etc), Police Officer, Post Office official, Social Worker, Solicitor or Teacher.
Here are details of all our standard Mortgage Fees.
Early Repayment Charges
If your Mortgage is still within an incentive period, please be aware there may be an Early Repayment Charge if you repay the mortgage within this period. You should consider the cost of this when considering your options.
Paying a lump sum off/extra money towards a mortgage
If your product has an overpayment facility you can make overpayments each calendar year before the Early Repayment Charge applies. Please check your mortgage offer for details.
For more details, call 0161 923 8030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lines are open 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Changing the term of a mortgage
With our agreement, you could change the term of your current mortgage. The amount of your monthly mortgage payment could change as you will be paying your mortgage off over either a longer or shorter period.
To discuss this, call 0161 923 8030 or email us at email@example.com. Lines are open 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Interest only mortgages
If you have concerns about your repayment strategy being able to repay your mortgage, you can discuss the matter with our Customer Services team by calling 0161 923 8030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lines are open 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Portable Mortgage Products
For more information call 0161 923 8040 or email us at email@example.com. Lines are open 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Can I rent out my house?
In certain circumstances you may be able to rent out your house if you meet the qualifying criteria.
To find out if you’re eligible, call 0161 923 8030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Duplicate mortgage payment statements
There is a fee payable for a duplicate statement, please view our Tariff of Charges for details.
Finding out the amount left to pay on your mortgage
We can provide a figure verbally (this will not be a final settlement figure) or an exact figure can be sent by post to you. There is no charge for this service.
For more information call us on 0161 923 8030 or email us at email@example.com. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday
Requesting information about your mortgage
Call us on 0161 923 8030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday
Transfer of a mortgage from two names into just one/adding a new name to a mortgage
If you share the mortgage with another person and want to transfer the mortgage into one name, or if you want to add another name to your mortgage, then you will need to talk to us as you will need our permission.
Call us on 0161 923 8040 or email us at email@example.com. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday
Clearing arrears on a mortgage
To discuss clearing any arrears on your mortgage just call us on 0800 083 9341 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, and we'll discuss the issue with you in complete confidence.
Help & Guidance
Our Current Offers
- Savings 1.00%AER
- 30 Day Notice Savings Account Issue 2
- 30 Day Notice ISA Issue 2
What we are saying
ISAs are one of the most popular savings products in the UK, allowing savers to earn interest without paying tax on the interest earned.