With our 35 Day Notice Saver, you can earn
gross/AER* (variable) on balances from £1,000
up to £75,000. Withdrawals and closure are available
subject to 35 days notice. Full details can
be found below.
35 Day Notice Saver
With our 35 Day Notice Saver, you can earn
How To Apply
Option 1: Print & Post
You can print off a savings application form by clicking here:
Your completed application can be sent to us using our freepost address below. We will also need a personal
cheque for the opening balance made payable to the account holders(s).
We will carry out an electronic search to verify your identity. If we are unable to verify your identity
this way, we will ask you to provide additional documentation.
Manchester Building Society
125 Portland Street
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to read these files. If required you can download it free of charge by clicking on the link below:
Option 2: Request an Application Pack
You can request for an application pack to be sent to you by clicking here:
Key Product Features for 35 Day Notice Saver
- 35 Day Notice Saver
What is the interest
- Interest is calculated daily, paid annually on 30th November and can be credited to the account or paid out to your bank account according to your preference as indicated on the application form.
- Interest will be paid without the deduction of tax. You may be liable to pay tax on your savings income and you will be responsible for paying any tax due. Tax treatment depends on your personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
change the interest rate?
- Interest rates are variable and will only be altered in accordance with condition 11.8 of our Terms and Conditions. You will be notified of any changes in writing.
- Information about current interest rates can be found at any time by contacting us on 0161 923 8065 or visiting our website www.themanchester.co.uk. We will write to you at least once each year to confirm the interest rate on your account.
What would the
estimated balance be
after 12 months
based on a £1,000.00
- This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and assumes that interest is credited on the anniversary of account opening and that the interest rate does not change.
How do I open and
manage my account?
- A minimum deposit of £1,000 is required to open this account. You can save up to a maximum of £75,000. This maximum can only be exceeded by capitalised interest.
- You must be aged 18 or over and permanently resident in the UK.
- The account can be held in sole name or jointly in up to four names. Only one account can be opened per person.
- The account can be opened and operated through the post, or in person at an agency.
Can I withdraw
- Withdrawals are available subject to providing 35 days notice. Immediate withdrawals will not be permitted. Notice of withdrawal can be given by writing to us or calling us. A signed request will be required in order to make a withdrawal.
- Withdrawals are available by cheque, by CHAPS (CHAPS is subject to a fee as detailed in our Terms and Conditions; currently £20) and by cash (cash can be withdrawn in person at an agency, limited to £250 per day).
- Please note that we reserve the right to withdraw this account at any time and return applications and/or deposits should the account become oversubscribed.
- If you change your mind about your savings account, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of opening. Please see our Terms and Conditions to find out how to cancel your account.
- The overall maximum holding by any one customer in respect of all savings accounts with the Society is £85,000. Please see condition 12.1 of our Terms and Conditions.
* AER stands for annual equivalent rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added to the account once each year. The gross rate is the contractual rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax.
Other Important Information
The Society offers a range of savings accounts. For more details about our accounts, or if you have any queries, please contact us on 0161 923 8015 or visit our website www.themanchester.co.uk.
Manchester Building Society is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if we are unable to meet our financial obligations. Basic information about the protection of eligible deposits is given on the Information Sheet. For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk